This is a recipe that I received from my local organic food box from Re-Root Organic Farm. The recipe taste fantastic, and is a great way to incorporate beets into your diet which are great for your liver.
- 4 medium beets, peeled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp finely chopped dill
- Put the grated beets in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, and garlic in a large jar.
- Shake the jar until the olive oil and vinegar are thickened.
- Pour the dressing over the beets and toss until well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper and let marinate for an hour in the fridge.
- Add dill and serve over fresh greens.