To avoid excess cholesterol, use this spread as a replacement for butter when possible. Mixing it with chicken, tuna or salmon makes a great sandwich.
- 1 tbsp ground brown rice
- 8 tbsp pure water
- 2 tbsp soya flour
- 3 tbsp wine, cider vinegar or
- lemon juice
- 8 tbsp sunflower oil or flax oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ tsp sea salt (optional)
- 1 tsp gluten free ready made
- Place the ground rice in a small saucepan with the water and cook while you stir for about 4 minutes. The mixture should be smooth and thick. Leave it to cool.
- Press the soya flour with the back of the spoon to remove any lumps and place it in a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend to a cream
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week…use as required